How to generate/download a full backup
A full backup is a backup of all of your files, e-mail, databases, etc. To run a full backup, you can not download the full backup right away. The backup takes time to perform and the server will send you an email once the backup is ready to download. Below are steps to requesting the backup to be performed.
- Click Backups
- Click Generate/ Download Full Backup
- In the drop down menu, select Home Directory
- In the box to the right of Email Address, type the email address where you will receive notification once the back up is done.
- Leave the rest of the settings blank.
- Click Generate back up.
- This will generate the back up for you and place the TAR.GZ file inside of your Home Directory.
- You can now download the backup via cpanel / FTP/ or SSHIf you would like to download the backup from cPanel (easiest way), please do the following:
- Click Backups
- Click Generate/Download a Full Backup
- Under "Backups Available for Download", click the link with the file name of the backup.
- It will then start to download.
- Select a destination on your PC for where you would like to save it to.
- Click Save
Was this answer helpful?
FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol, a method of managing the files associated with your...
The addition of an FTP account will allow users to access the domain’s folder on the server’s...
The quota limits the amount of data that a user can upload to your server. To change an FTP...
To access webmail: Type: https://domain:2096 into your preferred Internet browser. Enter...
To login to an FTP account: Enter your username in the username field Note: If you are not...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution